Thursday, April 28, 2011

It Must Be Because I'm Left-Handed...

Oh my stars and garters! Danul's gone and defied expectations and posted twice in the same month! I think I feel lightheaded...

Okay okay, calm down.

After that major-mondo-ultra-serious post, I figured I would provide some levity for your life. What follows is some of my doodlings from the past few years. You like, you comment. You don't like, you fake it.

If you know me BUT AT ALL, you know my true love is the fantastic. My art really (really really) reflects that.

This first piece is my most recent picture. It's my take on Rapunzel, the latest addition to the Disney canon.


To really appreciate this one, you most likely have to be a fan of True Blood or the Sookie Stackhouse novels. Also, imagine if the main characters were teenagers.


This one came out of pure boredom. Pretty sure I drew this one during camp staff training one year...


This one was inspired by one Kiesha Priem, who has a seriously unhealthy obsession with those awful Tinker Bell movies Disney has been churning out recently. I like it, though...


This is, hands down, one of my favorites I've ever done. It's Wendy Darling set against Never Land at night. I had a lot of fun with the lines in this drawing.


I drew this next picture while watching TV with my roommate in college. Sometimes stuff just happens like that...Usually it takes me a loooong time to finish a project. But, for some reason, this entire piece came together in under an hour.


Oh yeah! This one I definitely drew during my last summer at camp. You can even see the roster on the reverse side of the paper, ha ha. What can I say...Half-Blood Prince was coming out that summer. I had HP on the brain, yo.

If you couldn't guess already, it's Ron and Hermione.

So, sorry this wasn't more of me waxing theological about life, but I really wanted to try out the church's new scanner.

It totally works!

-Danul

No comments:

Post a Comment